Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Previews are great!

Dear Summer,

I just want you to know, first off, that I do love you. However, I think there are a couple of things we need to talk about.

There's this thing called 'punctuality'. I was hoping you'd heard of it, but I guess they don't teach good manners at season school. See, it's not such a big deal if you show up a little late. We understand. You're in a very difficult situation, what with global warming mucking up your schedule and all. But still, it would be nice if you stop in for your fully allotted time, and not just for brief visits.

Speaking of which: the whole 'not-staying-long-enough-for-morning-coffee' act is getting a little old. I may not be as exotic as my cousin Sydney or as slick as my friend Miami, but I have my qualities and I think I deserve a bit of respect. That's all.

I miss you, I really do. And I hope to see you soon.

Love,
Toronto

***

So we've got a couple of sneak peeks for you today.


First off is the preview for Cary Fagan's Valentine's Fall: a wicked awesome novel about, in brief, how leaving high school doesn't guarantee that high school will leave you. Check it out!


Next - and I'm breaking the news here first - we've got an online catalogue coming out for our Fall list. Excited? You better be. Here's a look at the cover:


The image is a photograph from our upcoming book City of Words - and believe me when I say there are even more breathtaking shots featured inside. It's a must-have for any fan of photography AND literature.

No comments: